Welcome to the ISWI 2017 application page!
Please first read these few hints before you apply.
- You must be at least 18 years old and be a student at the time of the conference (May 12 2017).
- We can only accept applications in English, since the conference language is English.
- The deadline for applications is the 1st of December 2016 (at 11:59 pm Central European Time).
- Do not copy any texts from the Internet, books, friends or other sources. Mark every quotation and state the source. Applications containing plagiarism will not be taken into consideration for ISWI 2017!
The application consists of 2 steps:
- Register an account for your application by entering your email address and confirming the link we send to you.
- Fill in your personal data.
- State details about your studies.
- State any preferences you have concerning your stay.
- Select the working group you would like to participate in during the conference (You can state your three top preferences, but you will only be able to take part in one group, according to our capacities). Check out here which working groups we offer for ISWI 2017.
- Tell us briefly about your experience (international experiences, social commitments, NGO work etc.).
- Write your application (2 short essays, each between 200 and 500 words):
- Essay 1: The topic of ISWI 2017 is ‘Global Justice – A Fair(y) Tale?’. What does ‘global justice’ mean to you? What comes to your mind when you read our motto? What is your motivation to take part in ISWI 2017?
- Essay 2: Above you chose the working group that you would like to join during ISWI 2017. What was the reason for your 1st choice? What is your personal connection to that topic? Please explain your choice briefly.
- Submit your application by clicking on the green “Send Application” button.
Tip: Use a text document to compose your essays before you apply. This way, you can take your time to write the essays. Furthermore, your essays won’t get lost when your Internet connection breaks down.
We will start reading your application as soon as you click on the green “Send Application” button. This needs to be done before the deadline, or your application will not be considered. The whole process of evaluating the applications can last one or two months. Afterwards you will receive an email indicating whether or not you have been invited for ISWI 2017. We will send that information presumably in the end of December 2016 or the beginning of January 2017. Those who have been chosen to participate in ISWI 2017 will get an official invitation by that email, too.
We are sorry that, due to limited capacities, we won’t be able to accept all applicants. We wish you good luck and a successful application!
Apply here: apply.iswi.org